Fully insured next working day delivery available to most of the UK.
We now ship to Europe and the rest of the world via UPS - Fully insured and trackable door to door.
Orders received before 12 noon can be despatched the same day - except in exceptional circumstances.
No online shop, but yes we can provide a mail order service. Guitars4You is still an old fashioned, down to earth, friendly guitar store that offers a personal one to one service, hence we do not have an e-commerce online store with a 'click box' to order. Your phone call or email is personally handled by me, Mark Hopkin, the owner - I process the transaction, I give the guitar a final check over prior to despatch, I pack and send the guitar - I feel that by you having to call me to place the order and processing the credit card, we both now have a name and a relationship that is far superior to any account number on an invoice. It allows me to offer any additional help and advice that you may require at the point of purchase, plus it gives you a contact point should you have any queries relating to your purchase in the future and hopefully, it will provide you with the encouragement to return another day, or indeed spread the gospel according to Guitars4You amongst your guitar playing friends.
Phone: 01335 345777 (7 days, 9am-7pm)
Fax: 01335 345888
Post: Guitars4You Ltd, 14 Compton, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1DA. All cheques payable to Guitars4You Ltd
Payment by Debit/Credit card - at the time of order we will require the following details - card number, 3 digit security number on the reverse of the card, expiry date, issue number if applicable, name on card, address and telephone number.
Sorry, we do not accept PayPal, Amex and Diners Card.
Occasionally we may require additional information to confirm the address details that are registered with your bank/credit card company.
Post and Packing
£15.00 generally covers the cost of sending a guitar on a fully insured next working day delivery service to the UK mainland.
An additional charge is required for a Saturday service. Generally an additional £10.00 charge.
For carriage outside the UK mainland or to Europe and the rest of the world, please contact me for a quote.
All guitars will be sent fully insured via UK Mail (formally Business Post) - with a next working day service available for most areas of the UK. (Please note that due to the high cost of guitars we do not recommend them to be sent on Fridays for Monday delivery, as they will be left in the carrier's warehouse over the weekend period - Saturday delivery is available at an extra cost - call for details - or we prefer to despatch on a Monday for Tuesday delivery).
Returns Policy for Mail Order Transactions
Delivery of damaged or faulty goods - When you receive the parcel, please check the packaging. If it appears to be damaged in transit, then sign the carrier's documents as requested by the driver and add 'Unchecked' after your signature. Then immediately check the goods to see if they are damaged or not. Any goods received that are damaged or subsequently found to be faulty, then please contact us immediately so we can arrange collection and any pending insurance claim. We can then either offer a replacement, a full refund or a repair, subject to your requirements. Please note that if the goods are damaged or faulty you must inform us, by phone, within 24 hours of you receiving the parcel so we can make a claim with the insurance company and/or the carriers.
If you are buying products from Guitars4You as a mail order transaction, then you have a 4 day 'trial period' to check the suitability of the goods. If the goods do not meet your requirements, then you can return them for a refund, but please check the following conditions:
1. All goods must be returned to us within 4 days, commencing from the date you receive them. It is the customer's responsibility to return the goods back to us.
2. You must inform us before returning the goods, either by phone, fax or email - no exceptions
3. All goods and appropriate packaging are returned in the same condition as we sent to them to you, including the appropriate case or gig bag, manufacturer's tags, paperwork, registration/warranty card, accessories or documents/certificates.
4. The customer has a statutory duty to take care of the goods whilst in their possession, if they wish to return them to us within 4 days. Goods returned for a refund must be in the same satisfactory condition as they were received. If it is decided that the customer has not taken reasonable care of the product whilst in their possession, then this will result in either appropriate recompense to ourselves, or the goods not being acceptable for return. The 3 day 'trial period' excludes the customer from rehearsing or gigging with the goods. The 'trial period' enables you to evaluate the goods within your home only.
5. The customer is responsible for the insurance of any returned goods and any insurance claim arising out of goods damaged in transit on the return journey back to Guitars4You. We will not be held responsible for any damages incurred in returning goods to us. The condition of the goods is the responsibility of the customer until they are received back by us.
6. Excludes any strings where the packaging has been opened.
7. Please note that if the customer requires any up-charge in our regular delivery service, either for a Saturday delivery or a guaranteed AM delivery, no refund is possible on this up-charge.
8. If the customer requires us to collect the goods and subsequent in-transit insurance, then a charge will be made for this service. For a guitar, collected within the UK mainland, this will generally be around £25.00 + VAT, but can change subject to the weight and your location.
9. The above policy only applies to goods that are purchased mail order and subsequently sent to the customer. Customers who buy goods in the showroom can fully evaluate them prior to making the payment and as such do not have this return and refund option available to them.
Refunds can only be credited back to the card that you used to originally purchase the goods with. If payment was originally made by cash, cheque or postal order, then we will issue a cheque to the value of.
Refunds can only be issued once we have received back the goods, and the above criteria is met.
No refunds are available on items that we do not hold in stock and have been ordered by the customer, specifically to meet their requirements.
If the original transaction involved a part-exchange, we reserve the right to make an appropriate charge to return the goods back to you. In the event that we have sold the part-exchange, then the appropriate value that was agreed with the customer and shown on the sales invoice will be paid back to the customer, either by a Guitars4You cheque or by crediting the funds back to the customer's credit/debit card.